Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Store data in a two-dimensional array, part of Up and Running with Java Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] So, let's look at populating our table…with actual data from a two-dimensional array,…instead of just a simple string.…So, I'm going to go inside of my code,…and I'm looking for the Table Data Class,…and in here, I'm going to Create a New Instance Variable.…And in here I'm going to Create a New Property.…It's going to be of the Type,…of String Two-dimensional Array.…A Two-dimensional Array is an array,…array's that contain strings.…
So, I'm going to call this All Data,…and I'm going to set it equal to a new string,…two-dimensional array, and there are going to be…three rows, and three columns.…When you create a two-dimensional array,…the first array is the array of rows of data,…and the second array is the array of column,…so three rows, three columns.…Now, I'm going to Create the Constructor.…So Public Table Data, and inside of the constructor,…I am actually going to Paste some code,…rather than writing it all out by hand,…and you'll see when I paste it,…that it's fairly simple, and repetitive.…
So, I have it set all data, index zero, index zero,…
- Installing Java and Eclipse
- Understanding basic Java syntax
- Handling Java errors
- Creating a UI with Swing
- Creating tables and connecting to data sources for tables
- Publishing a JAR file
- Installing NetBeans
- Creating JSP pages
- Setting up and connecting to databases
- Creating Java-based Android Studio projects
Skill Level Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Install Java and an IDE
2. Java Basics Review
3. Create a User Interface with Swing
4. Tables and Data Sources
5. Application Distribution and Deployment
Publish a runnable JAR file2m 32s
6. Server-Side Java: JSP and Databases
7. Android Development
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.