Discover common Android camera features and controls. Find out how to preview a still shot on the viewfinder, zoom in and zoom out, and adjust the focus as well as review recently shot images, switch cameras to take a selfie, adjust the LED flash, and set the image's resolution.
- [Instructor] All Androids have a camera,…but the camera app differs from device to device.…To help orient you with the camera app…and explore common features found on your phone,…I'm using Samsung's camera app.…It's typical, though it might not be identical…to the camera app on your Android.…The view screen previews the shot.…And around the view screen are various controls,…some of which may disappear as you use the app.…Tap the screen to bring them back.…For basic controls, look for…four common and consistent items.…
The mode switch, which is how you change…between still shot, video, and other modes.…On this device, you tap the shutter icon…to take a still shot…and the record icon to start a video.…On other devices, you may have to…swipe the screen to change modes.…The second control is the flash control.…Right now, it's auto flash.…If you tap it, it changes to flash on.…Tap again to cycle to flash off and so on.…The third control is switch cameras,…which lets you alternate between…the device's front and rear cameras.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.