Smart App Banners can drive app downloads from traffic your website gets from mobile devices. Learn how easy it is to implement them for both iOS and Android visitors.
- [Narrator] You have a mobile app and you want visitors…to your site to not only know this,…but you want them to download your app, as well.…You have to be careful how you drive users…to your mobile app.…Google is very good about figuring out…if you're providing a good user experience or not.…And if you're not,…your site traffic may get penalized.…A mobile smart banner appears at the top of the screen…when someone browses to your website from a smartphone.…It consumes a fraction of a screen on a mobile device…and aims to convince users to click to open the native app…if they have it or install it if they don't.…
On iOS, when someone visits your site using Mobile Safari…the smart banner will appear.…If the app isn't installed,…the banner will display your app information…and with a call to action a view…which will take the user to the App Store…to download your app.…If the app is already installed on the device,…the banner called Action will be displayed as OPEN…and tapping on the banner launches the app.…Implementing a smart app banner…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.