Explore the Android sharing philosophy: You start at the source, and then choose the Share icon or action and app in which to share the media, contact, or other item. In addition, learn how to swap files between a computer and Android by using cloud storage. Plus, see how you can directly connect an Android to a Mac or PC to access and manage files between the device and a computer.
- [Instructor] The Android philosophy is to share media.…This approach is different from the computer-based concept…of copying or attaching media.…On an Android, you share.…The key is to look for the Share icon,…which I will open the Photos app,…and you will see it here in the lower-left…part of the screen.…In the Contacts app, you tap the Action overflow,…and choose Share to share a contact's details.…In both cases, you begin at the source.…
So instead of starting a new email or text message…and attaching the item, you start with the item itself.…Say I wanted to tell a friend about this app.…I open the Play Store and display…the app's card as shown here, and scroll all…the way down to look for the Share icon.…Then choose a sharing method.…Here is the Gmail app.…I could use Messages for a text message,…or other apps appear,…each of which can handle sending the item to a recipient.…Be aware that not every item you see…features a sharing action.…
If not, then, well it can't be shared,…and not every app appears on the list,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.