Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the emulator, part of Android App Development: In-App Purchasing.
- [Instructor] We will need to test our code at various stages throughout this course. You can use a physical Android device for testing or you can use a virtual emulated Android device. If you decide to use a virtual device you can set it up as follows. We got to the top menu and we select tools, Android, and select AVD Manager. Once the dialog is up, we select create virtual device on the bottom left here, and we select a device.
I already have a Pixel XL so let's try Pixel as my device. You can select any one of these with the different screen sizes to experiment with how your app will look in the different screen sizes. I'm just going to go ahead and select Pixel, select next. I am going to select API level 24 and I make sure that I have Google APIs here as my target. And we need to make sure that Google API is included in the target so that we can test the Google account selection inside the emulator.
If you have not yet downloaded an API image, you may see the download link here, in which case, just tap on the download link to download an image. And once you have that then we select next and under here we go select advanced settings, scroll down, and let's bump up our ram, let's also bump up our heap to 512 and let's increase our internal storage.
And that should be it. And now we just press finish and it will go ahead and create a virtual device for us. So then once we're in the app, if we press run we should be able to see our new virtual device.
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.