Boost phone security with a lock screen PIN or password. Learn how to use the Settings app to confirm or reset the screen lock. Discover which locks are secure and which are required for encrypted data, multiple users, or secure apps. Set a pattern lock and use it to unlock the phone or tablet. Remove screen lock by replacing it with the none or swipe lock.
- [Narrator] All Android devices come…with a rudimentary screen lock, the Swipe Lock.…Unfortunately, this lock isn't very secure.…For devices valuable to you as a phone or tablet,…a more secure screen lock is not only a good idea,…I think it's a must.…In addition to having no lock, four types of screen locks…are available on all Android devices.…Swipe or slide, PIN, password and pattern.…Additional locks might be provided…by your device's manufacturer or cellular provider.…
The lock appears when you unlock the device.…After you press the Power Lock key, you swipe the screen.…If the swipe lock is the only lock applied,…the device unlocks, otherwise you next work…the screen lock, PIN, password or pattern.…Now, you don't need to unlock the device…for an incoming phone call, simply answer the call,…but to access other phone features,…you have to work the screen lock.…Screen locks on your Android are set from the Settings app.…To access that app, use the shortcut…on the Quick Settings drawer.…
In the Settings app, choose Security.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.