Learn how to create an alarm in the Clock app. Find out how to set mutliple alarms for different events and on different days, set an alarm so that it triggers, use the Clock app as a kitchen timer or as a quick reminder after a given duration, and use the Clock app's stopwatch function to time events.
- [Presenter] Your Android can be used as an alarm clock…to set timers, as as stopwatch, and more.…All that action takes place in the clock app.…And if you don't see the clock app launcher…on the home screen, you can always…open the app on the Apps drawer.…Not every clock app is going to look like this one,…but they all have similar features.…Atop the screen in the clock app you see…four tabs representing various chronological functions.…There is the alarm, the world clock,…the timer, and a stopwatch.…
Alarms fall under the divine of the Alarm tab.…Tap it.…Any existing alarms appear on this screen.…You see the alarm time, its schedule,…and other details, such as a name.…Most importantly, you see the master control…which determines whether the alarm is set.…Alarms only trigger when they're set.…To create a new alarm, tap the add icon.…Set a time for the alarm.…Use the gizmo on the screen to set the time of day.…AM, 6:30.…
Okay.…Set a label to identify the alarm type.…If the alarm repeats, choose repeat instead of schedule.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.