In this video, Emmanuel Henri explores how to work with widget styles for your widget development.
- [Instructor] Now we've got some items … in our widget but there is more you can do … with the widget styling options so let's explore these. … The first thing I'd like to do is add some margin … for the first X here. … So the way to do this, you can either do it … in the attributes here, so you can basically … scroll and find the attributes. … If you want to see all the attributes … you can click at the bottom here and find … the attribute you want to change. … If you don't see this for whatever reason … on the Mac you can actually do a command here … on the file, invalidate caches and restart, … and this will basically show your attributes. … On Windows it shouldn't be a problem … but if you have any issues seeing the attributes … this is how you get them back. … So basically the first one that I want to do … is add some margin for this guy here. … So let's go into the layout margin … and go on the left value, and let's add 10 DP … as opposed to eight. … And if that doesn't change much, let's do 15. …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets