The IdentityManager class provides access to all the information about the current user's identity. Matt uses the AWSProvider class to get a reference to the IdentityManager and then uses it to sign the current user out of the app.
- [Instructor] Now that we can sign into our ListMaker app…using an email address,…the next thing that I'm gonna add…is the ability to sign out.…And we don't actually need to set up anything different…in the backend to implement the sign out feature,…we just need to use the SDK to call the appropriate methods…to handle signing out.…So I wanna add a sign out button to the action bar.…So I'm starting here in the menu resource…for the main activity…and I'm just gonna add a menu item.…I'm gonna call that menu_main_signout.…
And I want the title just to be Sign Out.…And then under showAsAction, I'm just gonna make sure…to select ifRoom and withText.…So now I can go into the main activity…and I wanna handle the action for that menu item.…So I just need to override the onOptionsItemsSelected method…and I just like to make sure that I check…and make sure what the item is,…even though we only have one item.…
I wanna make sure it's the right one.…And then right here is where we need to be able…to call a function to sign out of the app.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.