Connect the list maker app to the new user authentication service. Matt follows the necessary steps to add dependencies to the Android project and create a LoginActivity for managing the sign-in interface. He demonstrates the use of the SignInUI class provided by Amazon Web Services.
- [Instructor] So now that we have our backend set up…to do user authentication using an email and password,…the next step is to start to connect…our demo app to that service.…And the best way to figure out how to do that…is to start with the Developer Guide…in the AWS Documentation.…So I'm here at the AWS Mobile Developer Guide…and I'm on a page that's telling me…how to add user sign-in to the app using Amazon Cognito.…So I just want to scroll down a little bit…and find the section right here…that is Setup Email and Password Login in your Mobile App.…
And that is gonna give us the instructions we need…to figure out how to connect to our backend.…So I've selected Android-Kotlin…because my app is written in Kotlin.…First it's just telling us to make sure…that we're on API Level 23 or higher, which we are.…Step one says make sure your configuration file is imported.…We've done that.…We've got the latest configuration file.…Step two, make sure we've got network permissions…in our manifest, which we do.…Step three is giving us some dependencies…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.