See how to set up the list maker app to use AWS Facebook user authentication service. Matt adds the necessary dependencies and string resources to the project, and registers a FacebookActivity in the manifest. Then, he uses the SignInUI class to demonstrate signing in to the list maker app with Facebook.
- [Instructor] So now that we have our back end setup…to do the Facebook authentication…and we've registered the app on the…Facebook developer portal, next thing that we need to do…is get it set up in our list maker app.…And I'm gonna start with the developer guide…in the AWS documentation and that's gonna show us…exactly what we need to implement.…So I'm just gonna be following these steps here.…Step one again, it's telling me to make sure that…my configuration file is updated, and we did that…so that's updated.…
The second step is telling me what I need to add…to the manifest.…It's telling me I need network permissions but we've already…added that to our manifest.…And then down here it's telling me that I need to add…a Facebook activity and a piece of metadata down here…for the application ID.…So I'm gonna grab those two items.…I'm just gonna copy those.…Then I'm gonna go over to Android Studio…and add them to my manifest.…And it can't find any of these yet because I haven't…imported the libraries, but I'm gonna…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.