Explore the various options for user authentication available with Amazon Web Services. In this video, Matt uses the Mobile Hub to enable user authentication with email and password and to create a new user pool with Amazon Cognito.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, we're going…to be taking the first step to add…some user authentication to our ListMaker app.…So I'm gonna start here at the AWS Mobile Hub.…I'm gonna select my ListMaker-Android app that we created.…Then I'm gonna scroll down here…to where it says Add More Backend Features,…and I'm gonna select User Sign-In.…You can see that it's powered by Amazon Cognito.…Amazon Cognito is the name of the service…that handles user authentication,…so before we proceed, I'm just gonna quickly take a look…at the Amazon Cognito homepage.…
This page is gonna have all the info…that's available regarding Amazon Cognito.…Obviously, in this demo app we're…just gonna be scratching the surface…of everything that's available.…But one thing I do want to point out is the Resources tab.…I'm gonna click on Resources, and if I scroll down,…this is where you're gonna find all…of the documentation for Amazon Cognito.…They have additional sample apps here and tutorials,…so if you need any code snippets…or anything else, this is the homepage…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.