In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces what the pinning app widget is and how it relates to your project.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look … at how you can change the preview image of the widget … and also test our final widget and see it in action. … So the first thing we're going to do is go inside … of our application here, or inside of our simulator … and then long press on the home section … and then click on widgets … and then scroll down until we see the examples. … So this is our widget right now, doesn't look too good. … So what we're going to do is change the image … of the widget itself, so let's go ahead and do that. … So I don't know if you remember when we explore … the test_info in the xml folder … inside of the resource folder, this is what we've got … and right now, if you take a look at … the preview image section on line seven, … this is where you're going to change the preview image. … So if we look into the folder drawable … and look for that image example_appwidget_preview, … this is exactly what we're seeing inside of our simulator. … So we want to change this to another image. …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets