Learn how to add the IAB library and the AIDL file into your project.
- This course will require some components to be installed from the SDK manager, so we should check that our android studio installation has the correct SDK components that we will need. I have already gone ahead and installed Android Studio version 2.3.3 but feel free to install the latest version of Android Studio. You can download the latest version of Android Studio from the Android developer website. Now I've gone ahead and opened the starter project in the exercise files, which brings up the IDE.
So in the IDE let's press on the down arrow icon. And that will bring up the SDK manager, let's select the middle tab, SDK Tools. And once we have the SDK Tools window showing up, let's check that we have the following SDK components. So lets check that we have the Android SDK Build Tools, we have the Emulator installed, the Platform Tools installed, the SDK Tools installed, the Intel Emulator Accelerator installed, and everything under the Support Repository.
So if you see under the status column that there's an update available then click on the checkbox to download the latest update for that component. And once the component has been updated then you'll have the latest version so you can go through this check for each of the components and once you have all the latest components then we're ready and press okay to exit.
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.