To utilize the power of an Android phone or tablet, users must first set up a Google Play account. Ryan Spence shows how to set up a Google Play account with security in mind. Discover various techniques to keep you data out of the hands of hackers. Learn about two-factor authentication and understand how to enable it.
- I can set up a Google Play account either online…or from my mobile device.…Android happens to live on many different kinds…of mobile devices, your hardware may differ…from those that you see in this presentation.…Please, check the documentation…for your device before you begin.…This is a brand new device.…All I've set up is a Wi-Fi network.…First, I select the Play Store icon on the…home screen of my mobile device.…If the Play Store is not on your home screen,…swipe your finger right to left.…You may find the Play Store located in the following screen.…
Because I've not already entered a valid…Google Play account, I'll be prompted to either…enter one or register a new one.…If I was starting from scratch, I would select New account,…but I already have a Google account.…All consumer Google accounts, be it Gmail,…YouTube, or some other service,…have Google Play already attached to them.…To sign up for a Google account I must provide…first name, last name, and a phone number.…I'd also have to select an account name,…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.