Both a Google web app ID and a Google Android app ID are required to enable AWS user authentication with Google. Matt uses a Google developer account to register the list maker app and obtain both different app IDs in order to set up Google user authentication in the AWS Mobile Hub.
- [Instructor] So the last type of user authentication…that we're gonna add to our demo app…is the ability to sign in with Google.…So I'm here on the Mobile Hub again,…and I'm gonna click on our project.…I'm gonna scroll down to user sign-in,…and then I'm gonna select Google Sign-In.…And you can see under the settings here,…there are two different IDs…that we're gonna need to fill out,…the Web App Client ID,…and then the Android Client ID…and additionally, if we were building an iOS app,…you would need a separate ID for that as well,…but we're just working on Android for the time being.…
So I'm gonna go over to the Developer Guide again…and it's gonna give me some instructions on…how I get those IDs.…So here in the Developer Guide,…it gives me two separate links.…One for setting up the Web Client ID,…so I'm gonna look at that…and also the one for setting up the Android Client ID.…I'm just gonna open those in different tabs…and I'm gonna start with the Web App Client ID.…And I'm gonna be following these instructions exactly.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.