Using Facebook user authentication requires a Facebook App ID for your app. Additionally, a Facebook tester is required to enable authentication while your app is in development. In this video, Matt uses a Facebook Developer account to obtain a Facebook App ID for the list maker app and also create a new tester for the app.
- [Instructor] The next type of user authentication…that we wanna add is the ability to sign in with Facebook.…So I'm here on the AWS Mobile Hub,…and I'm gonna click on our project,…and then I'll scroll down…and I'm gonna click on user sign-in,…and you can see we already have email…and password authentication set up,…so I'm gonna click on Facebook.…And under settings, it's only asking me for one thing,…it's a Facebook App ID.…And so we're gonna need a Facebook developer account…in order to register this app and obtain the ID,…in order to actually authenticate with Facebook.…
And the AWS developer guide actually gives us…all the steps that we need to follow to obtain this ID.…So I've got the developer guide open over here,…and I'm just gonna be following all these steps directly,…if you wanna follow along on your own.…And so I'm gonna go over to the Facebook…developer portal right now,…I have that open in this tab,…and I'm already logged in to my developer account.…so in order to actually run the demo…and authenticate with Facebook in this course,…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.