To utilize the power of an Apple iPhone or iPad, users must first set up an Apple ID. Ryan Spence explores how to set up a Apple account with security in mind. Discover various techniques to keep you data out of the hands of hackers. Learn about two-factor authentication, and understand how to enable it.
- To get started with the Apple ecosystem,…I need to set up an Apple ID.…I can do this through a web browser,…iTunes, or on my device.…I'm going to use the device to set up the Apple ID…and a browser to set up two-step verification.…I have an iPhone that I've just completed the initial setup,…choosing my country, language,…and connecting it to my local wifi.…My device is now ready to go.…To set up my Apple ID, I'll tap Settings,…and then App and iTunes Stores.…Select Create New Apple ID, the country,…read through the terms of service and select Agree.…
I'll enter my email.…The Apple ID needs to be an email address,…so this is going to be my Apple ID.…So I'm going to use the email address I'm already using,…and the password I've chosen for this course.…Verify it.…I'm going to choose questions for each one of these.…You'll want to write these down.…These questions will be challenges…if for some reason in the future…you need to recover your Apple ID password.…
I have the option for a rescue email.…I'm going to go ahead and put my…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.