An app must be marked as either free or paid. Once you mark it as free, you can't change it to paid, but you can change it in the other direction. For paid apps, you provide a price in local currency. That's then converted automatically to currencies in other countries where you want to sell your app.
- [Instructor] The last section we need to complete…in the Google Play Developer Console,…before we can publish our App, is the pricing…and distribution section.…You'll see right at the top,…that we can either offer our application for free,…or sell it, which is considered a paid App.…If we want to publish it as a paid App,…we need to set up a merchant account first.…Let's come back to that.…For now, scroll down to Countries,…here we can select what countries we want our application…to be available in.…
By default, no countries are selected,…so you should make sure to look through the list…and select your country to start.…In some of the countries,…you can also limit the distribution of your application…to specific carriers.…For my sample App, I will click Available…at the very top of the list, to select all countries.…Next, there are a few more questions…to answer down at the bottom.…If your application is directed at children…under the age of 13, you must opt in…to the Designed for Families program.…
The sample App is not targeting children…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.