An app must be marked as either free or paid. Once you mark it as free, you cannot change it to paid, but you can change it in the other direction. For paid apps, you provide a price in local currency, and that is then converted automatically to currencies in other countries where you want to sell your app.
- [Instructor] Every app that you deploy…through the Play Store must be marked…as either paid or free.…If you intend to make your app a paid app,…that is, something that the user has to pay to download,…you must mark it initially that way.…If you mark it as free,…it cannot be changed to paid later on.…Now this app is going to be free…because it's designed as a brochure app,…that is, I'm deploying it…to let people know about my restaurant.…But if I did want to make it a paid app,…I would click the option…and then I would need to assign a price.…
I'll click Add a Price,…and I'll set my price as $1.99 and click Apply.…Next, you need to add prices for all the other countries…where you want to sell your application,…but the Developer Console makes this pretty easy.…I'll select All Countries…and the prices for those countries are calculated…automatically based on the current exchange rate.…You'll see that some countries aren't included at all,…such as China and Cuba,…while other countries have taxation included.…
You'll see Show Options links next to some countries,…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.