- Understanding Android OS, app, and hardware security components
- Using the Trusted Execution Environment
- Developing Android apps with security in mind
- Analyzing existing applications
- Understanding Android vulnerabilities
- Securing Android apps
- Developing secure enterprise apps
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] I'm Malcolm Shore, and I've spent a career helping governments and businesses protect their devices and systems against cyber attack. In this course, I'll be using mostly the Android Studio Development Platform, but I'll also take a look at the hardness of Android apps developed using PhoneGap and RAD Studio. I'll start by explaining the Android operating system, and then look at the security features built into Android. I'll show some examples of weaknesses in existing apps. I'll demonstrate the techniques and tools available to harden mobile applications, and I'll show how to test a mobile application to determine how well it's been hardened.
When you finish this course, you'll have a great understanding of how to develop secure mobile applications for Android. Now let's get started with Securing Android Apps.