Discover how to send video or audio media from your Android to another screen, such as an HDTV or monitor. Find out how to switch to the HDMI input to activate the casting device, such as a Chromecast dongle; look for the Chromecast icon in a media app to send the video or audio to the casting output device; and start and stop casting.
- [Instructor] You may enjoy watching a movie…on your Android phone or listening to music…through its itsy-bitsy speakers.…A better option is to cast the image or audio…to a better device, such as an HDTV or wide-screen monitor.…This process is called screencasting,…even when it's only the audio portion of the media.…To screencast, you need a screencasting device configured…and attached to an output destination, such as an HDTV.…Google manufactures the Chromecast dongle…which attaches to an HDTV's HDMI port.…
After the Chromecast or compatible gizmo is configured,…you can use your Android to connect with the device…and then you can begin casting media to that output.…To start casting, ensure that the HDTV is on…and that its input is set to the Chromecast…or other screencasting device.…On your Android, open an app that plays media.…I've chosen YouTube here.…To start casting and playing videos on the external screen,…tap the Casting icon.…
If multiple casting devices are available,…you choose one from the list.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.