Review saved locations and frequent places in the Maps app. Set a Home and Work locations. Use the Home and Work shortcuts when finding a location, getting directions, or using navigation. Locate a chunk of the map to download for offline viewing. Ensure that offline areas are updated automatically. Use an offline area when an Internet connection isn't available.
- [Voiceover] The Maps app lets you create…favorite locations…similar to saving bookmarks on the web.…Further, you can identify your home and work locations,…plus you can save chunks of the map…for offline use.…It's all part of the Your Places feature…in the Maps app.…To review locations you've saved…where you've tapped the star or save icon,…display the navigation drawer…and choose Your Places.…In the labeled tab, you see your home and work locations…if they have been set,…plus other contact locations.…The saved tab lists locations you've marked as favorites,…that star icon.…
Upcoming is related to the locations…set for various events in the calendar app.…Visited are those locations recorded…by your recent travels.…And maps are custom maps that you've created.…I'm going to go back to the labels tab…and I'm going to set the home and work locations…because they aren't set here.…You should do so as well.…Choose set home address,…or to edit an existing address,…tap the action overflow and choose edit.…Type the address, as matching locations appear…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.