Review your Google account settings. You can use your Android or visit the web to check account settings. Run a security check to confirm that your account hasn't been abused. Remove credit card info. Check account statistics. Activate two-step verification for signing into your Google or Gmail account.
- [Instructor] To actively keep your phone or tablet safe,…your Android features three tools you can use to check…the security of your Google account, the main account…on your phone or tablet.…These features may not be available on every Android,…but they are available on the web which I'll cover later.…To check for these security features on your Android,…open the Settings app.…Choose Users and Accounts, choose your Google or Gmail…account, here you see the three security items.…
Sign-in and security, personal info and privacy,…and account preferences, choose sign-in and security.…These settings deal with your Google account, you can…change your password, recovery phone number, email,…and other account details.…To perform a checkup tap Get Started.…Here you see a list of items checked, if any issues…are found they're flagged.…The app is telling me to review one critical event,…here you see a sign-in for my account on a new computer.…
If this wasn't me I'd tap the appropriate button, but it…was me so I'll tap Yes.…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.