To fully secure the web browsing experience, apply a PIN or password screen lock to your Android. Use the web browser app to curtail automatic passwords. Purge information from the web browsing history, including saved names and favorite sites. Remember to be careful; avoid scams, fake webpages, and websites that prompt for secure information.
- [Instructor] The web can be an entertaining,…informative and useful tool…yet it has veins of danger lurking just beneath the surface.…You've heard the stories.…Viruses, malware, phishing scams.…While you enjoy using the web on your Android,…it's important to be alert and aware.…First and foremost, the best security you can have…on your phone or tablet is a screen lock,…either a PIN or a password.…Keep in mind that the Chrome web browser…remembers a lot of your online passwords…which means any random dude picking up your phone…can sign into your websites.…
If that thought frightens you,…apply a secure screen lock to your Android.…Do it now.…For the most part, web browsing is safe…for your phone or tablet.…Most of the security settings are pretty high…but nonetheless, it's worth it to confirm those settings.…In the Chrome web browser app,…access the Settings screen…to review basic security settings.…Choose the action overflow and Settings.…Now, I would recommend turning off the Save Passwords item.…Slide the master control to the off position.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.