Get an overview of the the Maps app, showing different ways to view your schedule by month, week, day, or as an event list. Learn how to browse upcoming events, use the Today button to return to the current day, view event details and use the location information to get directions from the Maps app, and deal with calendar or event notifications and updates.
- [Instructor] To manage your day, open the Calendar app.…Look for it in the Google folder,…though I keep a launcher right here…on the main homescreen page.…The Calendar app presents your schedule…by month, week, day, or as a list of events.…Some variations may even display the entire year at once.…Here you see week view.…Events appear as colored blocks.…Change the view from the navigation drawer,…although some Calendar apps control the view differently.…Here you can switch between Schedule, Day,…3 Day, Week, and Month views.…
Not every Android has a three-day view.…In month view events appear as tiny colored blocks,…which isn't particularly useful,…but it gives you an overview of how busy your month is.…Swipe the screen left or right to browse your schedule.…Choose Week to view events a week at a time.…I do this every Sunday to see what's coming up.…Swipe the screen left or right to browse the weeks.…To view the current week, tap the today button.…
The current day is always highlighted on the screen.…In the week view, a time bar progresses through the day…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.