Dan Gookin recommends changing settings for the web browser app to make it more secure. Remove browsing history and cookies. Disable the features that automatically fill-in forms and remember passwords.
- [Instructor] Web browsers have gotten smarter…over the years,…dutifully warning you of suspect pages…and providing options to manage your browsing history…and sensitive data that may be sent over the internet.…To review these settings…and ensure that your web browsing experience…on your phone or table is safe and secure,…open the device's web browser app.…Here I'm using Chrome,…which his the stock Android web browser.…Tap the action overflow,…which are the three dots you see…in the upper right corner of the screen.…Choose Settings.…
And Privacy.…Ensure that the Safe Browsing item is on.…This setting directs Chrome to display a warning…should you visit a known malicious website.…Choose Clear Browsing Data.…Tap the Advanced tab if it's not shown already.…Here you see the Advanced tab.…This is where you can remove stored data on the device,…including browsing history, cookies,…cached images and files, form data,…and any passwords you've saved,…and so on.…
Clear this data if you feel these items…might present a risk.…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Basics
2. Personal Security
Disable photo uploads3m 5s
3. Keep Your Stuff Safe
4. App Security
5. Security Online
6. Tools to the Rescue
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.