Explore issues with the example code, and get an overview of how we will improve upon it.
- [Instructor] The sample code for the core part…of In-app Billing is located here.…For the purposes of this course,…we want to make the following changes.…First, we want to create our own IabGateway.…The sample code access is…the In-app Billing code from an activity,…and constraining ourselves to use an activity…to access In-app building can lead to problems.…For example,…if one activity inherits from AppCompatActivity,…but another activity inherits from PreferenceActivity,…and they both require In-app Billing,…then we have a multiple inheritance problem,…because they both cannot extend the activity…that will contain the Iab code.…
We do not want to restrict…how and where the In-app purchasing service can be accessed,…so we will create a standalone class called IabGateway.…The IabGateway can be called from anywhere in our app,…from a fragment, from different activity screens,…or even from a service.…Next we will expose an interface…that will specify the callbacks…that will be used by IabGateway.…This is the IabGatewayListener…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.