Dan Gookin explains how lock screen notifications can compromise security. Learn how to disable some or all of the lock screen messages. Control lock screen notifications for individual apps.
- [Instructor] Lock screen notifications…tell you what's going on in your digital life…without having to unlock your Android.…But, they may also say too much.…For example, a balance confirmation at your bank,…or a password reset key on a lock screen notification…is visible to anyone who looks at your phone.…Not every Android has the capability to limit…or suppress lock screen notifications.…For current devices, open the Settings app.…
Choose Security & location, Lock screen preferences,…and On the lock screen.…Here are the three options.…The most secure is Don't show notifications at all.…I could choose to Hide sensitive notification content,…but if you're leery of the device…determining what's sensitive,…choose Don't show notifications at all.…To control notifications for individual apps,…tap the back navigation icon…until you see the main Settings app screen.…
Then, choose Apps & notifications.…Notifications, and App notifications.…And here, you can enable or disable notifications…for various apps.…So, if you don't want your banking app…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Basics
2. Personal Security
Disable photo uploads3m 5s
3. Keep Your Stuff Safe
4. App Security
5. Security Online
6. Tools to the Rescue
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.