Learn how to modify the Gradle build to rename the output APK file.
- [Instructor] Alright, now we are ready…to rename our APK using the gradle build system.…So let's Close Some of the Files here,…and then we Open our Project View,…and I'm Switching To Project Type View,…and I'm going to Open Up the App Module's build.gradle file.…So under productFlavors, let's Insert Code…for Renaming the APK.…So we're going to Iterate through All Build Variants,…so I'm going to Type In applicationVariants.all,…and for each build variant that we encounter,…let me Close the Project View here.…
We're going to Look for the…Production Release Build Variant.…We'll Type In the Screen Value here, "production".…So if we have a production release build variant,…let's Set the Version Name…to the version name that we have up here…under the Android Default Config.…
Let's use that, and we'll set it equal to…android.defaultConfig.versionName.…Now we are going to Iterate Through the Sub-variants…Of the Production Product Flavor.…We are going to Look For the Output File…For Each Sub-variant.…Let's Define our newFilename,…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.