Remote management tools are built into most mobile devices. Implement theses tools to take your security to the next level. Ryan Spence explores the value and virtue of the free, over-the-air management tools provided by Google and Apple. Understand why these services are so groundbreaking and essential to data security.
- Mobile devices are built to be…constantly connected.…Whether the device connects through Wi-Fi…or cellular service,…it will often be broadcasting location data.…Device manufacturers use this connectivity…to build free tools allowing device owners…to locate and secure their devices.…In general, location services function…as an individual's device management platform.…With location services enabled on my device,…I get access to a set of remote management options.…
This functionality comes on all iOS and Android devices.…Apple service is called Find My Phone,…and is managed as part of iCloud.…The Android service is called Find My Mobile,…and is managed as a web application…called Android Device Manager.…The simplest option allows me to locate a device.…Both services will give me GPS coordinates of the phone.…I can even have the device make a noise.…This is great when your phone gets lost in the couch…and you can't find it.…
If I can't immediately locate a device,…I also have the option to send notifications…and lock down the device.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.