Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Registering a keystore, part of Android App Development: In-App Purchasing.
- [Narrator] Now we are ready to register…our keystores with the Google API console.…The procedure for doing that will be…to get the signing certificates…or the two keystores for our project.…The first keystore is the keystore…for dev debug build variant,…and in our case dev debug will use the debug keystore…and the other one is the production release build…which will use the IAP.production.jks keystore…that we generated.…
Registering the signing certificates with Google API…is a mandatory requirement for using Google Photos API…and also for publishing to the Google Play store.…In other words, Google needs to know…the identity of the person who is requesting…to publish a certain app's package name…and that identity is provided by the signing certificate.…As a consequence of this, every app that is published…to the Play store must be unique,…which means it must have a unique package name…with a unique signing certificate attached to it.…
Okay, so let's get our signing certificate.…We're going to go to the Gradle tab…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.