In order to publish your app on Google Play, you need a Google account and you need to pay a one time developer fee. Start at developer.android.com and click the Distribute link. From there, click the Developer Console link. If you're not already logged in with a Google account, you'll be prompted to log in or create an account now. Follow those prompts and eventually you'll come to the Developer Console home screen.
- [Instructor] In order to publish your app…on Google Play, you'll need a Google account…and you have to pay a one-time developer fee.…Start at developer.android.com…and click the Developer Console link.…At this point, if you're not already logged in…with a Google account, you'll be prompted…to login or create an account now.…Follow all of the prompts and eventually you'll come…to this Developer Console home screen.…On this screen, read through all of the instructions…and information, and then click the appropriate check box…and then click on Continued Payment.…
And at this time you'll need to pay that one-time fee.…Once your payment has been submitted you'll be asked…to complete your developer profile.…I won't go through all those steps…because they're very intuitive and straightforward,…but you do have to go through this process.…And again, it's a modest fee that you'll only…have to pay once, and once you've paid it,…you can then create and deploy as many applications…as you want through the Google Play store.…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.