Learn how to switch the Camera app into video-recording mode. Find out how to pause or stop the video to take a break or end the movie, preview the video and optionally delete it, switch cameras to record a selfie video, activate the LED flash to shoot video in dark locations, and set the video quality.
- [Instructor] To record video, you must switch…your Android's camera app into video mode.…The method differs but in most cases…you can tell you're in video mode…because the shutter icon changes to a record icon.…In the Samsung camera app shown here,…the record button is always visible.…In other camera apps, the specific method…for changing modes differ.…You can tap a video icon, swipe the screen, and so on.…As long as you see that video record icon,…you're ready to take some video.…To begin recording, tap the record icon.…
The video begins to record.…The record icon changes to a stop icon,…and you see a timer which shows how long…the video is recording.…To stop recording, tap the stop button…or you can instead tap the pause icon…to suspend a single recording.…Tap the record icon again to resume the recording.…And when you're done recording, tap stop.…To view the video, tap the thumbnail icon.…
If you don't see a thumbnail icon,…then swipe the screen from right to left.…Tap the video to play it,…and then swipe the screen from left to right…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.