Once you have completed your store listing, provided marketing graphics, set a content rating, and have otherwise done everything that is required, you publish your app with a single button click. You can opt into a number of services, including prelaunch reports, notifications of app publication, and user feedback.
- [Instructor] Once you've provided all…of the required information for your application,…you've uploaded the APK,…you've set up your store listing,…you've applied a content rating,…you've set up your pricing and distribution options,…and optionally, you've added in that product…and registered any services or APIs,…such as Firebase or Google Play Games services,…you're then ready to publish your app.…I'll go back to my work in progress app,…Nadia's Garden Restaurant Demo,…and in order to find out whether you're ready…to publish for the first time,…just check these icons in the list on the left,…and if they're all colored, then you're ready to go.…
I'll go back to the active application,…and you'll be able to click…the Submit Update button at the top.…Once you click the Submit Update button,…it'll take anywhere from a few minutes to a number of hours…for your app to go live in the store.…There's an automated scanning process…that happens on the back end to make sure…your app doesn't contain any malware,…and there's a certain amount of review…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.