Learn how to add build types to the Gradle build. The video briefly discusses how a paid version of the app can be added via product flavors.
- [Narrator] Now we have our product flavors defined…and we're ready to create our build types.…When we create a new Android project inside Android Studio…it will automatically create the build types for us,…filled with default values.…Let's scroll up to line 15.…So by default Android Studio gives us a release build type…and there's no debug build type…because there are no attributes that are needed to be filled…for the debug build.…
So what I want to do is create this build type…in its own file.…So I'm going to highlight this here…and I'm going to delete it with Command + X…and I'm going to replace this with the following command.…Apply, from,…buildtypes.gradle, to:android.…So what this command does is it will tell…the gradle build system to look for a buildtypes.gradle…and apply it to the gradle build.…
Now let's go ahead and create the buildtypes.gradle.…So I'm going to switch to my project view here.…Under app I'm going to create a new file…called buildtypes.gradle.…So in my buildtypes.gradle I'm going to paste in…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.