Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for Android development, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CC and PhoneGap.
- In this chapter, I'll show you how to set up…your Android work environment,…which will make it possible to fully test…your application locally for the Android market…on a variety of operating system versions.…The process can be a little tricky,…but by the end of the chapter,…you'll be able to see what your…Dreamweaver-developed web app looks like…in a fully functioning Android emulator.…The first step is to download the Android SDK.…For that, go to developer.android.com…and click on the "Get the SDK" link,…which is hidden a little bit…down the middle of the page there.…
You can also just go to developer.android.com/sdk.…Now in this scenario, we won't be coding with Eclipse,…so there's no need to get the Eclipse ADT…or the bundle that includes it,…which is the first link that you'll…see featured prominently up top.…What we want to do is go down a little bit further…and click on "GET THE SDK FOR AN EXISTING IDE."…Once you do that, it will expose the desired link…for downloading the standalone Android SDK tools.…
- Introducing PhoneGap
- Working with Dreamweaver's mobile starters
- Applying a theme
- Setting up Android work and testing environments
- Simulating the iPhone
- Getting an application ID from Apple
- Establishing a connection from Dreamweaver to PhoneGap Build
- Compiling a native app
- Building a mobile app from scratch
- Creating a data-entry form for mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: What versions of Dreamweaver does this course work with? Will it work with Dreamweaver CC 2014.1, which does not include PhoneGap Build?
A: With the release of Dreamweaver CC 2014.1, certain workflows referenced in the current course are not available. The current course requires a version of Dreamweaver CC prior to Dreamweaver CC 2014.1, including Dreamweaver CC and Dreamweaver CC 2014. Revisions to the course that incorporate alternative techniques for Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 are in production.
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
Introducing PhoneGap1m 52s
2. Creating Your First Mobile Application
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
Testing the Android emulator5m 46s
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Deploying Your App
6. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
7. Crafting a Form for Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.