You can add a new item to a DynamoDB table using a PutItemRequest or delete an item using a DeleteItemRequest. In this video, Matt writes new methods to update the DynamoDB tables by creating and deleting lists and list items.
- [Instructor] So now that we've updated…our query methods in the list manager class,…the next thing that we want to do…is update the methods that create and delete…our lists and their list items.…And those four methods…are all located here in the list manager class as well.…They're called create list and delete list,…and create list item and delete list item.…And again I've included a text file for you…in the exercise files…that has the updated version of all of these methods,…and so I'm gonna copy that in right now.…
You can just copy the entire contents of this file again.…So I'm gonna copy those contents,…and then I'm just gonna overwrite all of those four methods.…I'm gonna quick go through…and make sure that all of the classes are imported,…and then we're gonna go through…and see what these methods are doing.…So we have two types of methods here.…There's the create list and the create list item methods…that are adding new entries to our tables,…and we have the delete methods…that are removing entries from our tables.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.