The previous video described how to pass a unique identifier to an activity as an intent extra. Extra values are usually primitive numbers or strings, but you can also pass complex objects by implementing an Android interface named Parcelable. This interface is a bit complex, and takes some time to create by hand. But there are some great tools for generating the required code. One of these is an IntelliJ IDEA plugin that you can install in your copy of Android Studio.
- [Instructor] I've previously described how to pass…a unique identifier to an activity as an intent extra.…Extra values are usually primitive numbers or strings…but you can also pass complex objects…by implementing an Android interface named parcelable…in the data item class.…Now this interface is a bit complex…and takes some time to create by hand.…But there are great tools for generating the required code…and one of these is an intellij idea plug in…that you can install in your copy of Android studio.…
To install the plug in, go into your settings screen…on Windows or preferences on Mac…and go to the plugins category.…Search parcelable and look…for the Android parcelable code generator.…Make sure you use this one.…It has a lot of uses and not the one for kotlin,…which a jvm language, but won't work with the…code we're building now.…Click the install button on the right…and then when prompted click restart Android studio.…And when Android studio restarts the parcelable plugin…will be available in your copy of the product.…
- Modeling data in POJO classes
- Customizing a ListView item display
- Displaying data in a RecyclerView
- Creating a custom array adapter
- Managing shared preferences with Java
- Creating and importing JSON data files
- Accessing SQLite from the command line
- Retrieving data with SQLite queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis3h 59m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 25m Intermediate
1. Display Static Data
2. Store Data in Shared Preferences
About shared preferences4m 41s
3. Store Data in Text Files
4. Manage Relational Data with SQLite
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.