- [Instructor] One of the most important steps…in preparing an application for deployment…is to package it in an APK file.…An APK file is a ZIP archive that contains…multiple folders and files,…and has the file eztension .APK.…You can build both debug and release APKs,…and in fact, when you're developing an application,…and you're testing it on a virtual or physical device,…you're building an APK file, a debug version,…and deploying it to the device for launching.…
The APK file includes your compiled code in the DEX format,…and it also includes all of your application's…resources and assets, and critically, the manifest.…The manifest, the XML file,…describes to the application framework…which activities, services, and other application components…are going to be used.…The APK file is designed so it could be installed on…any Android device, and it's CPU-neutral.…That is, the same APK can be used on a device…that's running on an ARM CPU or an Intel CPU.…
The APK file includes the application manifest,…the signed certificate, if you're building the APK…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.