Learn about use case, IAB vs. payment providers, Google Play Purchase flow, and walk through the overall process.
- [Instructor] There are three roles and responsibilities…associated with in-app purchases for an Android app.…Note in all cases, each role is defined…by the Google account associated with that role.…The first role is the Android app owner.…This is typically a business or a limited company,…but can also be an individual developer.…Every Android app can have only one owner account.…The Google merchant account must be registered…with the owner account.…
The Android app owner will receive payments…for any in-app purchases made by the Android app and user,…such as adding or deleting developer accounts,…and give partial or full permissions to the developers…to assist with administering the account.…The Android app owner can do everything…that a developer account can do.…The next role is the Android app developer.…The developer implements the features of the Android app…and maintains their own separate Google account…exclusively owned by the developer.…
The developer may or may not be the app owner.…If the developer is not the app owner,…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.