Learn about product flavors, build types, build variants, and other components of the Gradle build system, and why it is important to In-app Billing.
- [Instructor] Before we can implement Google's in-app billing functionality, there are a couple of requirements that we need to be aware of which require us to look at the build system for solutions. The first is that in-app purchases must be made on a production release APK. Making a production release APK involves two steps. The first is creating a product flavor and the other step is to create a build type and we will learn how to do both in this section.
Next, the Android build should be secured. One of several methods to make the app more secure is to use code obfuscation and we will look at how to do that also in our Gradle build system. Making a signed production release APK can be broken down into two parts and the first is creating a public key certificate and incorporating it into the production release APK and then finally building the production release APK.
Managing the public key certificates will be part of the signing config and we will create a signing config in our Gradle build system. We will also learn how to define product SKUs as part of our build config and finally we will learn also how to rename the APK using our Gradle build system.
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.