In this video, Emmanuel Henri explores how to set up the preview image for your widget project and why would you need one.
- [Instructor] Let's briefly explore other options … that you have available when building out your widgets, … which are a bit outside of the scope of this course. … The first item are collections. … Contrary to what you may think, … collections aren't a data offering, … but more an offering of views that can handle … collections of data. … So once you return data from an external service … with remote view services, … you can leverage three types of views … to display your collections. … This is what we mean when we say collections with widgets. … The three types of views at your disposal are … the first one is the listview. … This one is for vertical lists of items you can scroll. … A good example of this is the Gmail widget. … The second one is gridview. … This one displays your lists … in a scrolling grid-like approach … where you can have items listed vertically and horizontally. … The bookmarks app widget is a good example. … And the third one is stackview … where your items are listed in the stack cards approach …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets