Learn where to get detailed documentation on Kotlin and tips for finding useful forums for discussing Kotlin.
- [Narrator] You can learn more about Kotlin development using a variety of resources on the web. First there's the Kotlin website at kotlinlang.org. You can find language documentation on the kotlin site here by clicking the Learn button. This is kotlinlang.org docs reference. You can learn more about Kotlin syntax from this page. Forums can be found at discuss.kotlinlang.org where you can ask questions and have discussions with other developers about Kotlin.
The Kotlin blog can be found at blog.jetbrains.com/kotlin. This is where JetBrains will announce new versions of the language and plugin. Thanks for watching and may Kotlin speed your way.
- Setting up Kotlin
- Converting activities from Java to Kotlin
- Creating an emulator
- Installing and adding Android libraries
- Reviewing basic Kotlin syntax
- Using variables
- Creating functions
- Retrieving images using the REST API from Pixabay
- Layering image views using a FrameLayout and a RelativeLayout
- Building the RecyclerView adapter
- Displaying a high-resolution photo of the image in the RecyclerView