There are many other courses available for Android developers, both in this series and on more advanced topics. Search for "Java" or for "Android Development" to find deep dive and project courses that can help you improve your development skills.
- [Instructor] Thanks for watching this course…on working with navigation and events in Android apps.…There are many other courses available…that can help you improve your Android development skills.…You can find them by searching for Android development.…You can find other courses that are a part of the series,…such as the one on working with Local Data Storage,…where you can learn how to work with SQL live databases,…and other storage techniques.…Or the one on designing a user interface,…where I covered the new constraint layout component.…
You'll find deep dive courses and project courses.…For example, there's a course on animations and transitions,…and one on working with Firebase in Android apps.…To learn more about working in the…Java programming language, search for Java.…In addition to the introductory courses,…you'll find detailed courses on working in Generic Classes,…working with Java 8, and many other programming subjects.…These courses and more can help you continue…to improve your Android development skills.…
David also shows how to send and receive broadcast messages that let you exchange data and notifications among the different tiers of your application. He demonstrates how to work with menus and the action bar, add a navigation drawer to a layout, and tackle advanced navigation techniques. Later courses in the Essentials series concentrate on other specific skills you can master.
- Working with events
- Handling events with Java objects and lambda expressions
- Managing navigation
- Sending data to an activity
- Opening other apps with implicit intents
- Sending and receiving broadcast messages
- Working with menus and the action bar
- Adding a navigation drawer
- Advanced navigation techniques
- Removing activities from the back stack