Join Emmanuel Henri for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Android App Development: Working with Widgets.
- [Emmanuel] This course was about learning how to build … your own app widget. … You should be able to apply the techniques you've learned … in the course to extend your Android apps … with this amazing asset. … If you got lost at any point … due to the lack of experience with Java or Android, … I'd suggest you take a few other introductory courses … on these subjects. … And, you can find many in our library … to enhance your basic knowledge. … Also, if you'd to push your knowledge around Android widgets … look into the documentation for the widget host options … we've explored in the last chapter. … And finally, if you'd like to explore other subjects … related to building mobile apps, … look into our library for courses related to iOS … if you want to build native apps, … and also Ionic, React Native, Flutter, … to find more about these multi-platform frameworks. … Thanks very much for taking my course, … and I'll see you in a bit. … …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets