Explore Android features that monitor data usage. Find out how to check data usage by the mobile data network as well as the Wi-Fi network, see which apps use the most data, set options to control how apps use data, curtail an app's usage of background data, and set a data warning and limit for mobile data to help avoid a surcharge on your cellular bill.
- [Instructor] Don't wait until you get the bill.…You can monitor your Android's cellular data consumption…right on the device.…Open the Settings app.…On newer Androids, choose Network and Internet.…Otherwise, tap Data Usage.…A chart details mobile data usage…over a period of time.…The screen is divided into two parts,…one for mobile data, and the other one for WiFi.…On this device, both parts appear on the same screen.…On some Androids, you may have to switch…between a Cellular Mobile tab and a WiFi tab.…
Comparing the two sets of statistics…is a good way to see how your device uses the internet.…If WiFi is high, then mobile data is hopefully low.…If not, your goal is to use WiFi more frequently,…as it doesn't count against your monthly…cellular bill data allotment.…And here, WiFi is the primary source of internet access.…To see which apps use the internet over…the cellular network, choose Mobile Data Usage.…
Here, you see apps that access…the internet over the cellular connection.…Likewise in the WiFi area, you can choose WiFi Data Usage,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.