Learn how to ceck mobile data (cellular) usage in the Settings app. Set limits for mobile data usage. Apply a data usage warning and set a stop limit. Disable mobile data access and use Wi-Fi only. Compare Wi-Fi to cellular data usage. Determine which apps use cellular data. Change app settings to curtail or disable mobile data consumption.
- [Instructor] Don't wait until you get the bill.…You can monitor your cellular Android's data consumption…right on the device.…Open the Settings app.…In the Wireless and Networks area, tap Data Usage.…Immediately your eyes are drawn to the chart,…which might be more detailed than the one shown here.…It shows mobile data usage over a period of time.…On this phone, you see cellular data displayed.…Wi-Fi data is also available, down here on this device.…
Some phones or tablets may show usage on the same screen,…or you may have to choose between…a Cellular Mobile tab and a Wi-Fi tab.…Comparing the two charts is a good way…to see how your device uses the Internet.…If Wi-Fi is high, such as shown here,…then mobile data is hopefully low.…If not, your goal is to use more Wi-Fi connections…which aren't associated with a cellular bill.…To check which apps use the Internet, over which network,…choose the Data Usage item,…and here you can see which apps are using the Wi-Fi network.…
And on the previous screen,…I can show which apps are using the cellular network.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.