The Amazon Underground program lets Fire tablet users, and others who have downloaded the Underground app, run your app for free, and compensates you on a royalty basis. You do not need to do any special coding for this. Amazon adds a wrapper around your app to track the number of minutes of usage, and reports that information along with your royalty payments.
- [Narrator] In addition to the conventional approach…to distributing apps through Amazon,…you can also use a tool called Amazon Underground.…On the Amazon website,…you can find the Underground appstore…by going to Departments, Appstore for Android,…and then selecting Underground Apps & Games.…Most of the apps you'll see in the Underground store…are games.…They're apps that thrive on user engagement.…And here's how this works.…When an app is distributed through the Underground store,…it's always free.…
The requirements for deploying an app…through the Underground store are these:…The app must be available in the Google Play store,…and it must be monetized in some fashion.…Either it needs a purchase price…or it has in-app purchasing products.…When you deploy the app into the Underground store,…users can download and use the app completely for free.…And the monetization happens through royalties…that are based on the amount of time the user uses the app.…You don't have to do any extra programming for this.…There's no Underground API, for example.…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.