The Android SDK includes a tool called ProGuard. ProGuard is a free tool that's used to shrink, optimize, and obfuscate Java packages. It's not unique to Android, but it's been tightly integrated with the Android SDK. And it's primary use is to reduce the size of your APK files and to make it harder to decompile your code.
- [Instructor] The last thing you should do…before packaging up your application for distribution…is enable code-level security…and code and resource shrinking.…The Android SDK comes packaged…with a tightly-integrated tool called ProGuard,…that is used to do exactly this.…Doing this will reduce the final size of your APK file…and make it harder to decompile and read your code.…By default, your application's release build…has ProGuard enabled.…It is not advisable, however,…to enable ProGuard for debug builds…as it slows down the build process rather significantly.…
Let's go back to Android Studio and take a look.…In the app module's build.gradle file,…within the buildTypes and release block,…you can turn on or off code and resource shrinking…by setting the minifyEnabled property to true.…For some situations, the default configuration file…for ProGuard will do.…But there are many situations in which…it is difficult for ProGuard to analyze the code correctly…and it might remove code that your app actually needs.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.